Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DON'T EAT THE FISH 'N CHIPS

DAY 22

  • This morning's weight:      238.2         
  • Fasting Blood Sugar:           130            
  • Breakfast:                                               
       Honey Nut Cheerios
       1 cup 2% milk
       X cups coffee - I am removing coffee from my menu
  • Activities:
       Worked on projects around the house
       Watered the yard
       Re-write of Chapter 1 - Finding the Lost One
                        
  • Lunch: noon
       Red beans and rice
       2 left-over spare ribs
  • Dinner:
       Handful of tostados and salsa


   THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY: 
     
     I have gotten off track again and it is hard to keep track of what day of the week it is. My time line is winding down and already I fear my goals are not going to be entirely met. But, there is some good news. My eating habits have changed substantially and I don't believe I am going to have a problem keeping off the 12 or so pounds I have already lost. In fact, I still have hopes of reaching -20 pounds by the time I step off the plane in San Antonio. 
  
     I have also learned to perhaps not put so much on my plate for me to accomplish. Just as sometimes I expect too much from friends and family, I also have perhaps expected too much from me. Or, maybe that's just a means of coping with my failures. I have seen the man in the mirror. There are some images I really like, some I see beginning to fade and some coming into focus. If I go home healthier, a better husband and father, a more sensitive and caring friend - then I will have accomplished a great deal.

     My overall grade for today: C+ - sometimes it's okay to be average.

     How did you do?        

2 comments:

  1. I did pretty good yesterday...although the ridiculous allergies and cold I have are making everything taste pretty blah so eating isn't as enjoyable anyways. I saw you are cutting out coffee...Just coffee? or are you doing all caffeine? Im telling you I am sooo amazed how much better I feel and how much more energy I have and how I sleep better now that I don't drink caffeine. Its truly a miracle and I thank God for the strength He gave me to let it go!
    I think you are doing great on your 30 days. Not just in habits, but your whole journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my weight loss goal, I am still at only 11lbs lost. I seem to be at a stand still. After causing my foot to hurt from jogging I am contemplating just sticking to elipticle for now. Other than that, I am trying to make some positive things happen for my life so it can be better. (job, school, those types of things).

    ReplyDelete