Saturday, April 24, 2010

THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES...

DAY 26

  • This morning's weight:      234.2      
  • Fasting Blood Sugar:           80             
  • Breakfast:                                               
       Corned Beef Hash with 2 soft eggs
  • Activities:
       Drove down to my old high school
       Washed patio and patio chairs
       Finished two projects around house before my sis gets home
       Re-write, re-write, re-write
       Laundry
      Walk 2 mi around Album Park
  • Lunch: 2:00pm
       1 cup tomato soup
       1/2 Reuben Sandwich
       
  • Activities:
       Short nap
       Re-write, re-write, re-write
       Another 1 1/2 mile walk
       THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY: 
        
         THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES FOR GOING OFF THE RESERVATION. 
      
         Don't read too much into that. I thought about what "going off the reservation" might mean to some people and almost considered just eliminating that statement and starting over but here goes. In my case, I am lamenting having eaten the Chile Relleno plate yesterday and going off my diet. My weight moved back up almost a pound and a quarter. I could have lived with just staying even but gaining wasn't part of the plan. 

         My son Josh claims that he can maintain good eating habits for 17 of 20 days and eat what he wants for 3. I would like to be able to subscribe to that thinking. However, I am not interested in "maintaining" my weight right now. I am determined to lose another 15-20 pounds before I put a flag in the ground and claim this is where I am going to stay. After my triple by-pass operation almost twenty years ago, I weighed 209. Liz thought I was skinny when I got out of the hospital. I felt great - physically and mentally. I would love to float between 205 and 210 pounds. But until I reach that level, there doesn't need to be any lounging in the pool. I already have an invite for dinner Sunday night from Justin and Kara so between now and then I need to put myself back in a P.O.W. camp environment.


         Spoke with Al today, he's in Denver, driving through lots and lots of snow. Spoke with Art today, we've got a date for lunch at Stinson Field when I get back. Spoke to Derrick today, we got a date behind the wood shed when I get back if he doesn't get the Blugatti ready. Spoke with my sister Gayle in England today. She had a great time in Spain and although she loves being with her family and grandson in England she is ready to be back. Thanks to the prevailing breezes or lack thereof, the flights are back on and she will be home Tuesday night. Spoke with Liz today, we got a date for the rest of our lives when I get back. Thank you Alexander Graham Bell for providing me so much joy today.


         It used to be women, now I can't get this Moto Guzzi out of my mind.

         I am on a roll with re-writing Finding the Lost One and even more encouraged now that my friend Art has asked for updated chapters to be forwarded to his IN box. So, let's get to work...

         My overall grade for today: A

         How did you do?        

    No comments:

    Post a Comment